Book Review: The Wedding Date by Cara Connelly



I liked this book! 

Cody can be gross at times, saying things like, “...no matter how nice her rack," but he makes up for it.

This book is very hot, not at all for kids.Her writing is sensuous and erotic without being perverted or forced. It flows like a healthy relationship; a very sexy one. There's no force or abuse or manipulation, and there's lots of steaminess. 

A little bit rushed. Sometimes things happened too quickly and I didn’t realize they were happening or what was happening for a while. But only at rare times. I suppose it’s because it’s a novella and not a novel. Or it could just be because I left wanting more. 

Is “cukes” short for cucumbers? Because I’ve never heard that and it made me giggle and I pictured cucumbers playing ukuleles; cukes on ukes. 

The dinner scene at Julie’s moms house is so stunning. I want my home to be like that already. Family, my man, dinner, Christmas decor, snow outside, the heater and fireplace roasting the room up, all dressed in cozy sweaters and red lipstick ( but only if they wanted to)! Picture perfect. I love the winter. Seeing my Joshua in the snow with his cowboy boots and handsome face; I just love it. And this book just made me want our christmassy home more. 

Cara Connelly, this is amazing. You had me hooked in a novella. If you ever want to write about Cody and Julie again, please let me be your focus group!!! 

There were so many good quotes in this book, both funny, and sweet, and some simply hot. 

“Absolutely,” Julie said agreeably. “So devoted to dear old mom that he still lives in her basement.”

“Ten seconds later, six foot two of Texan filled her door.”

“She hadn’t noticed just how bland until he’d walked in and started smiling all over it.” 

“Then he forked a cherry tomato into his mouth. Bit into it, and damn it, she could almost feel the squirt. Why in the world is that so sexy? Why do I want to lick the juice off his tongue?”

“Testosterone wafted off him like the aroma of bacon. Who could say no to bacon?”

“But the truth was, if she fucked like she kissed, he wasn’t going anywhere.”

“And except for politicians and serial killers, I don’t dislike a person based on their job.” 

“He was probably a Republican, for God’s sake. If they lived together for a hundred years, she’d never be able to finish his sentences.”

“He pulled away long enough to swing her up into his arms. ‘I can walk,’ she murmured, without conviction. He crushed her against him. ‘Save your strength, honey. You’re gonna need it.’”

“I’ll never hurt you, honey. You’re safe with me.” 

“It was good because we’ve got something here.” 

I’m obsessed with this series!!! Beacon Hill and Christmas AND snow and love?! I’m adding the rest to my wishlist right now.

Addendum: Okay, now I’m sad. I just saw that the series isn’t even about Cody and Julie. Where will I get my fill of the Boston babe and her tumultuous Texan? 

Regardless, I loved the book. 10/10 would read more.

...please give me more...


xoxo, Veronica Nagorny

THIS REVIEW ON GOODREADS 
THIS BOOK ON GOODREADS
THIS BOOK ON AMAZON

by Veronica Nagorny 2017
Email: veronicanagornycontact@gmail.com

I am always accepting book review requests. Please email me at the above address. If you are an author or publisher wishing to send me a book for review, please use the listed email address and I will be in touch with you to provide my mailing address. 


Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts