Book Review: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

I hope you like books, because if not you should probably stop reading this, because this is about a book. This is Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur, and it's poetry coupled with illustrations that perfectly exhibit the nature of the verse. There are four sections in the book; the hurting, the loving, the breaking, and the healing. I followed the poetess on Instagram for a while and once she came out with a book I decided I had to pick it up especially after one person on Amazon said that this is the one book every woman must have on her bedside table, and after reading it I have to agree. There's a lot in here that you wouldn't really think of otherwise and she puts so many things into such beautiful words that you just can't not read it. It's hard to explain but there's everything. When you're hurt, there's something for you. When you're broken, something. Always something. I recommend this book to anybody who is literally not a child. Women and men, and in between, I recommend this book because it can help you learn about yourself. Reading her words almost helps you listen to what your head has been saying to you and your heart has been saying to you, but you just couldn't figure out how to express that, and it reminds you of the fact that you're not alone. That's the best thing about this book; you find out you're not alone. When you're hurt, you're not alone. And if nothing else, you have these words. So, yeah. I like this book. I recommend it to anybody. It's definitely a 5 out of 5 stars or hearts or milk and honeys, whatever you want to give it.

Comments

Popular Posts